Below are some of the benefits of solo travel!
- It may sound cheesy, but travelling solo can help you to grow as a person and mature into a responsible young adult.
- It makes you very approachable to other travellers and vice versa. Alot of people travel by themselves so meeting others in the same boat is never difficult.
- You will become very confident in yourself and meeting people will be a breeze to you after a solo trip.
- It brings about a sense of pride in yourself and people will be proud of you for taking on something so daunting.
- It can leave you open to so many possibilities, perhaps joining others on a road trip or planning a trip abroad to visit new friends.
Dont let anybody hold you back, get up, get planning and just go! Im not saying you need to be as crazy as me and jet off for a year down under, but even plan a city break away to explore the sights and learn what you love to do.
The general thoughts on 'hostels', or so I seem to hear very often, Is that they are dodgy, dirty and cheap for a reason, well believe me, some hostels out there could pass as 5* hotels any day, they are that amazing. You wouldn't even believe it, especially in Thailand! Hostels are the best way to have a home away from home, meet other like minded people, feel safe and be right in the heart of the action. Why go travelling to stay in a private room in a hotel? Who are you going to meet? And How will anybody find you to invite you on their amazing 'Pub Crawl'? The best days of my travels have been spent in hostels, meeting people at the hostel bar for drinking games ('Im a Viking'), going on crazy tours with people you just met and feeling well and truly at home in the family unit that is a hostel.
If you take anything from this post, I hope you at least consider that this is not an impossible dream, this is something that at the drop of a hat, can happen. Its just you standing in the way of you're own dream. I am here to share my experience and show you that by following your heart and chasing your dreams with wide open arms, It can change your whole path of life, I for one, can vouch for that!
Happy Travels Guys!
Any more info please don't hesitate to message me!